CHILD RIGHTS PROTECTION
We realized that we have a fundamental duty of care and support towards children, and we acknowledge our responsibility to keep children safe while engage in our programs and activities.
CCEYD is committed to the welfare of children globally. We oppose all forms of discrimination and exploitation of children, manipulation, violence and abuse, including sexual child abuse (in any way) of children as set out in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
CCEYD embraces its responsibility to provide equal rights and opportunities to all children without discrimination or unequal treatment on the ground of their age, culture, cast, nationality, creed, ethnicity, disability, HIV status, gender, language, racial origin, socio-cultural status, religious belief and or sexual orientation.
In order to uphold the commitment to keeping children safe, all staff, volunteers, board members, consultants, contractors, partners and any other representatives are required to:
- Adopt and abide by this Child Protection policy
- Have the duty of care to the children with whom we work with and an obligation to meet minimum standards of protection for the children in our care
- Have the responsibility to report concerns of abuse of children
- Take seriously and respond swiftly and appropriatly to all suspicions and allegations of abuse while maintaining confidentiality
- The welfare and best interest of children and youth are our paramount concerns
- Openness about concerns and issues related to child protection is encouraged
- Child protection is everyone responsibility
- Children have the rights to express views on all matters which affect them and their surroundings, should they wish to do so. These views will be taken into consideration, their participation will always be enhance and encourage, respected and promoted.
- CCEYD will work in partnership government, civil society organizations, communities, children parents and care givers of children to promote the welfare, health and development of children.